Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Weekly Weigh-In

This morning I stepped on the scale for the official at-home weigh-in.  

The verdict: -3.8 pounds

The mindset: "That's terrible for the first week!  I should have lost 6 or 7 pounds the first week!  This isn't working.  Time for a donut."

The reality check:  It's a decent and healthy loss for the first week.  I'm making changes that are good for me and will pay off in the long run.  It's good.  Put the donut down and have some Fiber 1 with skim milk.

And in other news -- I managed to resist dessert at my book club last night -- TWO kinds of pie!  Mmmm...pie.  And, yes, I could have chosen to have a little slice, but I knew I wouldn't stop with that.  One day I will have better habits and a better grip on my food intake, and then I'll be able to do that.  Not last night.  I'm proud of myself for realizing that would have been a trigger for me to overindulge.

2 comments:

  1. Nearly four pounds lost is fantastic! Congratulations - pat yourself on the back for that!!!

    Oh, and I have a hard time stopping with one little slice of pie, especially when you could go back for more. Those times, I usually choose to have none.

    ReplyDelete