Monday, September 6, 2010

Walkin' the Walk

Last night I decided to go for a walk.  I was shocked at how out of shape I am!  I went 12 minutes around my neighborhood.  And, yes, I was out of breath just from that little walk.  My legs weren't hurting or anything.  I could have gone longer if my lungs were in better shape.  Clearly I've let my health issues slide a little more than I realized.

Two positives:

1.  My foot didn't hurt.  This means that my hours and hours of physical therapy and being in a soft cast and medications must have really helped my foot (plantar fasciitis, stress fracture, bone spur, AND ruptured medial band -- When I have an issue, I go all in, baby!)

2.  There is lots of room for improvement.  I like to keep track, so I'm looking forward to being able to do more and more.

And a third positive, just for good measure:

3.  I'm doing something new (moving around, versus being a sloth creature on the couch).  It was peaceful and gave me a sense of accomplishment, no matter how small.  I'll take every victory I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment