Friday, September 10, 2010

Teen Idols

My husband, bless his heart, has agreed to take our 9-year-old daughter and her friend to see The Jonas Brothers in concert.
The Jo Bros
By the way, this is his third time to take her to a "kid concert."  He's also proud to say (I'm sure) that he's seen Hannah Montana a.k.a. Miley Cyrus...
Miley Cyrus (the artist formerly known as Hannah Montana)

...and also the lesser-known Cheetah Girls.


The Cheetah Girls
So what does this have to do with my own personal weight loss issues, you might wonder.  Here's one of my dirty little secrets -- My usual routine is this: Husband out of town = me pigging out with abandon, then hiding the evidence before he gets home.  

I'll be staying home tonight while the Jonas Brothers concert is rockin' the night away, and my 3-year-old Little Dude has already requested getting a "burger sandwich," as he calls it, for dinner.  My first thought was that I, too, should have a burger sandwich with cheese and why not a shake and fries too.  But my second thought was that Little Dude could have the burger and I could get a salad.  The treat for me will be that I don't have to make it and that I don't have to choke down two Pepcid Completes before waddling off to bed in a bloated haze.

So take that, teen singing sensations!  You won't make me any fatter this time!

1 comment:

  1. I used to do that when my husband would take our older son on Boy Scout campouts - I'd "treat" my younger son to Chik-fil-A, where I would get way too much food, eat it all, get dessert, be sick and hate myself...and then do it again the next campout! Good on ya for heading off an intestinal disaster!

    ReplyDelete