Friday, September 3, 2010

Fried Shoes

I am so freakin' hungry right now!  I know I'm probably not getting in nearly enough healthy foods, which is probably why I'm feeling like I could fry up my shoe right now and gobble it up whole.  But I'll not do that.  Not tonight.

Instead, I think I will go for a tried-and-true recipe for a casserole (one of the few things I can usually manage).  It's Enchilada Lovers Casserole from halfmysize.com.  It's good, and my kids will eat it too.

Here's what you do in the kitchen:


Enchilada Lovers Casserole

recipe image














Created by Halfmysize.com,
Average user rating vote imagevote imagevote imagevote image / 4



Ingredients

Serves - 8
Points - 5

1 cup salsa

10 oz. bag Light Tostitos tortilla chips

5 oz. can evaporated milk

4 oz. can chopped green chilies

10 1/2 oz. can reduced fat cream of chicken soup

10 oz. pkg. Lite Velveeta cheese

12 1/2 oz. can cooked chicken breast

Methods/steps

Combine salsa, milk, chilies, soup, cheese and chicken in saucepan. Heat until cheese is melted. Fill a 9x13 casserole with tortilla chips. Pour sauce over chips and bake in 350 degree oven until bubbly, about 20 minutes.

Nutrition Information:
255 cal., 5.4 g. fat, 1.5 g. fiber

1 comment:

  1. I tried your enchilada lovers casserole.
    It was delicious! Makes you feel like you
    are eating something that tastes good, but is also healthy, too. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete