Thursday, September 2, 2010

Banquet

Tonight my husband and I attended the Chamber Banquet.  We tend to go to several events like this each year.

I did okay with dinner (I think).  It was all plated in advance, so it was take-what-you-get.  They served a small house salad with a drizzle of ranch dressing.  I ate up the whole thing, ranch dressing and all.  Then came steak, steamed veggies, mashed potatoes, and bread.  I ate about half the steak, all the veggies, no potatoes, no bread.  And for my greatest feat yet, I did NOT have any of the desserts that were on the table, tempting me the whole evening!  Oh, yeah, and I also didn't have cocktails.

Not sure how healthy this was, but remember I'm just now getting back in the swing of eating right.  Could have been much, much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment