Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It Counts!

So I've added a whole minute to my walking routine.  I don't want to make any marathon runners jealous, but I did go a full 13 minutes walking tonight!

I'm taking it as progress from my 12-minute walks.  It does count!

I went for months and months with extremely low levels of activity.  First it was due to an injured foot that left me barely able to walk, and then it was due to my complete lack of motivation.  So now, due to my 104 resting heart rate, the doc says to start slow.  Yeah, even if I wanted to do more, at this point 13 minutes is good for me.

Oh, and I took a couple of pics with my iPhone, because the sunset was so pretty tonight after yesterday's hurricane rains.  I also saw a deer (oh, dear!) standing near me, just watching me huff my way down the street.  I took a picture of her too, but it came out too dark to see.  A nice walk.  I'm feeling pretty good about these changes so far.

Onward I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment