Thursday, September 23, 2010

Weekly Weigh-In and New Challenge

The weekly weigh-in was good.  I lost 2.6 pounds for a total of exactly 15 lost.  It's good, but I was sooo careful all week and had hoped for a little more.  But no complaints, because I got another star!  Check it out:

So pretty!

I walked last night for 35 minutes, and tonight I did about 45 minutes, thanks in great part to my WW friend who is really into walking and puts up with my slow stride as I'm building up my speed.  I didn't sling too much sweat on her, I guess, because she mentioned walking with me again in the future.

And today, just by chance, I came across this little item:

What is the Hot 100, you ask?  Well, as of today there are 100 days left in 2010.  Hard to believe, right? I didn't count them up, but I'm just going to take this guy's word for it.  South Beach Steve at logmyloss.com has set up this challenge.  There are some prizes, if that motivates you to participate.  And it's not too late!  He's extended the deadline to start to October 1, so get moving!  Also, you don't even have to have a blog to take part in this.  You can post your goals in his comment section.  The rules are all there if you click here.

One of the requirements is that you post some goals.  I'd participate in this even if there were no prizes, because I like this idea.  So here are my goals for this challenge:

1.  Lose 15-plus pounds by the end of the year / end of the challenge.  I will modify this number if I reach it before the end of this time period.
2.  Get more sleep.  This will make exercise more appealing, because I won't be so sleepy all the time.
3.  Start taking vitamins.  Yes, I know I should have already been doing this, but I have never been good about it and haven't been doing it yet.  Know of any good ones out there?  I could use a suggestion for a multi-vitamin.
4.  Make a plan for eating and exercising over the holidays and stick to it.  This might mean I plan for a splurge, or it might mean I take a veggie tray to a party.  Whatever it is, I don't want to lose control over the holidays.  This challenge should help me to stay mindful of that as I celebrate.

I really hope you'll consider doing this challenge with me.  I'm excited about this.  It's my very first challenge of this type, and I am determined to see it through.

5 comments:

  1. Found you through Steve's list on this challenge. Yay! Another fellow hottie! Your goals seem really good.

    I'm not taking supplements, but maybe I should. I've been getting a lot of headaches. Think I'll ask my Dr. bout that next time I see her! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on another 2.6 pounds gone - you are doing great, and weight loss will slow down a bit. But that is a nice steady number - and the fact that you are already 15 pounds down is fantastic!!!

    Glad you are doing the challenge - I think they really help in keeping our goals front and center. My only challenge is to run my legs off in anticipation of my first half marathon - that's my focus for the next two months. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Charlotte! Thanks for visiting my blog. I love your blog title. I also have a goal of doing better with supplements. It really is important. I'm really sensitive to multivitamins, but do best with the most natural ones. Food based are best, I think.
    Good Luck!! This 100 day thing is already fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the Hot 100! Your goals are great -- maybe I need to make #2 a goal of my own. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I **LOVE** that you are so determined that you will modify the weight-loss number if you reach it before the end of the year. YOU GO, GIRL, that's the spirit!

    Thanks for the encouragement on my blog, too, it's great fun to be part of the Hot 100 community, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete