Thursday, November 18, 2010

Flush Away the Pounds?

Not sure how this happened, but when I weighed today, after just two days back on track, I've lost almost all of the 5.2 I had gained during the five days off the program.  This morning I was up just 0.8 from last Thursday (my official weigh-in day).  I wonder if the gallons of water I drank had anything to do with it?

Normally I save my weigh-in results for after my 12:15 Weight Watchers meeting, but my son has a Thanksgiving Feast today at lunch, and I might miss my official weigh-in.

Don't worry, I'm not tempted by this "feast" today.  It's total chaos but fun for the kids, and it's not easy to get a plate of food.  Then it's more of a potluck kind of situation, and I am not even planning to eat there.  I'll eat at home afterward.  I'm just not in the mood to try to calculate calories and points on all that.

Speaking of food, my friend and neighbor Denise made quinoa last night for her family's dinner and brought some of it to me.
Earthly Delights Organic Premium 100 Percent Quinoa Whole Grain 4 Pound Resealable Bag
It tasted SO GOOD!  I'll have to get her recipe and post it.  I wish I had taken a photo of it, but the three-year-old and I gobbled it up so fast there was no time.  It tasted a little like Mexican rice.  Just so yummy, and now I've got a new food to add to my limited rotation.

Anyone else a fan of quinoa?

3 comments:

  1. I love quinoa and I've completely converted my husband too. I make a mix with 1 cup of brown rice, 1/2 cup quinoa and 1/2 cup millet. Then use it for everything! Any veggie, especially leafy greens is great with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quinoa. It was hard for mt to find for the longest time but it's so simple to make. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will you share the recipe? I haven't found one I like yet.

    ReplyDelete