Monday, October 11, 2010

Spooky Shindig

I took my three-year-old son to a Halloween-themed birthday party full of preschoolers yesterday.  So cute!

Instead of a big cake, there was an army of skeleton cupcakes  (forgive the photo quality - I took them with my mobile phone):
Beware!

Luckily for my weight loss efforts, these little guys couldn't be quickly and discreetly gobbled down in a corner somewhere, so I passed on the cupcakes.  Instead, I watched the kids play sweet little games like "Pin the Spider on the Web," "Musical Ghosts," "Bobbing for Apples," "Painting Pumpkins," and a mummy game where they wrapped each other in toilet paper.
Smiling Skeletons
This was also served, so I could munch without fear.
Haunted Bunny Food
 Then after partying down with the preschoolers, I headed to the gym, where the elliptical was my evening activity.
Making Progress!

This was a good test run for the upcoming holiday parties, I think!  What strategies do you have for dealing with the holiday festivities?

7 comments:

  1. It sounds like a fun party, and those cupcakes are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done, way to resist those cupcakes! they were really cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Host the holidays at my house-so I can control the menu...

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. a total aside, but your phone takes pretty good pictures!
    I have a 3 year old too... oh the snacks...
    Great job making the healthier food choice.
    It helps a little, knowing you can take photos of them to share with us, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Charlotte, it's me again...
    I want to pass along a blog award to you.
    I love your blog and am so grateful for your support.
    Come by my blog for details.
    Thanks!
    http://gooddaytodiet.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those skeleton cupcakes--the pretzels are such a creative way to make the skeletons! Wow, way to go on resisting temptation. My strategy is to not even try--I eat everything in sight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rock Paper Tree - Thanks so much! That's incredibly sweet and much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete