Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Weather Outside is Not So Frightful

Some of my fellow Hill Country Texans are complaining that it's hard to get into the Christmas spirit with this warm weather we're having.

Monday I took my daughter to Chili's Restaurant for lunch.  The bank sign next door showed this temperature reading:

Later, as I was running errands, my car showed this exterior temp:
Yesterday we were in the 80s.

Traditional snowy Christmas weather?  No, it's not.  But it still got me in the Christmas spirit, because for one thing, I LOVE warm weather and sunshine.  For another, while some people were skidding around on the ice or getting stuck in this...
Source: The Daily Caller
...I was enjoying my green salad at Chili's with this view of blue skies from our table.
at Chili's Restaurant
Yesterday evening, I went for a long walk at the track and felt comfortable in my t-shirt with no jacket.  Last night I sat on my back porch under a bright moon and a sky full of stars.  

So while the sun and warm weather have given me lots to be cheerful about, I'm just as excited to learn that, in traditional Texas style, our weather is expected to take a dramatic turn for Christmas.  It should be much cooler, with a high temperature in the upper 40s.  Nice and crisp for Santa!

We used to live in a city that got lots of snow each year.  Snow can be absolutely beautiful.  If you're in the snow, I hope you're enjoying it.  Build a snowman, go ice skating, sip a big mug of hot chocolate (from a healthy recipe, of course).  

Wherever you are, I hope you're finding happiness in the midst of this busy season and finding some peace in the slower moments.

3 comments:

  1. Ho Ho Ho!
    It is nice all around Texas this week, eh?
    Happy Holidays to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I overdressed for work yesterday and was a little hot, I'll take this weird warm Texas December over the bitter cold. Merry Christmas, Charlotte! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, I have PLENTY of snow and plenty of cold and I wouldn't have it any other way. We're going toboganning on Christmas Day. Hehe - although in March, I will be plenty sick of it and looking forward to the steamy days of summer!

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete