Friday, December 31, 2010

Post-Christmas Weigh-In and Hot 100

I made a comment last week that I WOULD lose weight over Christmas week.  Well, guess what?

I did!

Somehow I managed to shave off 1.6, which I realize isn't a huge number, but it is a loss over a difficult week for me.  I will relish it!

This puts me at -23.2 pounds total.  I'd hoped to have been down much more than that by now, but somehow I lost my mojo between Thanksgiving and now.  It's no excuse; just what happened.  But I am pretty sure now that I'll have my regular routine back, I'll be chucking those pounds again!



So how about a little Hot 100 Update?  This is the last one!  The challenge is over, so let's see how I fared:


1.  Lose 15-plus pounds by the end of the year / end of the challenge.  I had been so certain that I would reach this one, but I'm not even close.  During this challenge, I've lost 8.2 pounds, which is just over half of my goal.  Bummer!  I'll have to lose that in January instead.

2.  Get more sleep.  Some nights are better than others, but I really have improved quite a bit here.  I do notice a real difference overall when I get enough sleep.  The surprising side effect for me is that my diet/exercise are better when I'm not sleep-deprived as well.

3.  Start taking vitamins.  I started off really strong with this one, never missing a day.  Then I forgot one day.  Then I forgot a couple of days.  Then I went a really long time without taking them, and now I'm doing better again.  Yes, I had a fistful of them today, in fact.

4.  Make a plan for eating and exercising over the holidays and stick to it.   Well, it could have been better for sure, but I did manage a modest weight loss over the latest holiday.  I should have made a more solid plan to get me through, but I'm pleased with this one as a whole.

This was a fun challenge, and I enjoyed having the weekly updates to keep me focused.  Thanks to Steve at Log My Loss for putting this one out there!

It's New Year's Eve, and I'm not going out tonight.  We almost never do for this holiday.  But we will make an effort to stay up til midnight (sorry, goal #2) and might have a little glass of bubbly.  No party buffets, no overindulging in alcohol, and no high heels tonight.  Many years ago I would have been horrified by this prospect.  Tonight, I'm looking forward to a cozy little ringing in of the new year here at home with my honey and my sleeping kids.

Wishing you all a Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous 2011!

7 comments:

  1. Make some new goals and stick with it and lose that weight in January!! If you want it bad enough, do something about it and you will succeed. I wish you well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Charlotte, and thank you for the sweet comment today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY NEW YEAR!! A new year to get your goals set, your mind in order and your body to follow. I know you can do it. Take care and God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress made - especially at a time when so many people are gaining!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlotte, I haven't been getting email updates!! I thought you weren't posting so I thought I'd check and to my horror, I'm so behind I don't have time to catch up. They didn't go to my spam folder, either, so I don't know what happened. CONGRATS on losing weight over Christmas! I gained a little but still was able to lose throughout December. Happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Char, where have ya gone?! =S

    Anyhow, congrats on your progress. Any progress is good progress, in my book. ;)

    And, guess what? I gave you an award, chickie. Head to my blog to see it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still here. Just went AWOL briefly. I'm coming clean in today's post.
    Thanks, Ash!

    ReplyDelete