Friday, December 24, 2010

Hot 100 Update and Weekly Weigh-In

It's not a good number, folks, but here's the honest truth:  I gained FOUR LOUSY POUNDS this week!

I had four -- count 'em, FOUR -- holiday events this week alone.  So I guess I gained a pound at each event.  I wasn't even going to weigh in yesterday, but I figured I can't hide from it, so I went ahead and weighed.  Oh, and I didn't fall down dead as a result.  So that's where I stand, and it's not even Christmas Day yet.

Lest you think I'm feeling defeated, I'll tell you I'm not.  I'm not quitting.  I'm planning for moderation through the next couple of days.  I plan to have some of my old once-a-year favorites, but not go insane with it.  I'm going to get my weight off.  It might not be this week, but I'm not out of the game yet!

So here's my Hot 100 update:




1.  Lose 15-plus pounds by the end of the year / end of the challenge.  It's not looking good, though my weight is still down during this challenge.  Just not sure I'm going to hit the goal.  We shall see!

2.  Get more sleep.  As usual, it kind of just depends on the night.  Lately I seem to have more trouble, with all the items on my to-do list dancing in my head after the lights go out, but sometimes I get lucky and drift right off to sleep.

3.  Start taking vitamins.  See #2 - hit or miss.

4.  Make a plan for eating and exercising over the holidays and stick to it.  Well, clearly this week got away from me.  Correction -- I didn't stay on top of my game this week and gained weight.  Too many opportunities to be off my routine got the best of me.  I'm not happy about it, but at the same time, I'm not freaked out about it either.  I know the way this works and what I need to do.  I'm not going to moan about gaining weight and having no idea why.  I also know that I'll be able to lose this little bit of holiday weight, and I know how to do it.  It might not be the most fun in the world, but it's a pretty simple theory.

Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Ok, gotta say, I think it's silly that you say in the same breath, that you are GOING to lose the weight, but not THIS week. Doesn't make sense. Who cares if there is a holiday this week. Lose weight THIS WEEK. NOW. It's not going to be any easier to gain 4 more lbs. this week and THEN lose it. Start now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes - okay, you are not defeated. And I suspect you really did not eat enough calories to actually gain four pounds... but rather the scale just makes it look that way. I suspect that once you are back on track the weight will come off quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbi - Excellent point. I reread my post and see that you were doing me a big favor with that little kick in the pants. Thanks!

    Waisting Time - I'm hoping you're right. I did weigh after two cups of coffee and wearing jeans rather than my usual "official weigh-in clothes" so maybe that's part of it.

    Just to be clear, I wasn't saying I plan to GAIN weight this week, just that I'm not sure I'll be able to lose approximately 8.5 pounds this week to hit my challenge goal. That's a lot for any week (for me).

    But new plan: I WILL lose weight this week! How's that? I'm not going for 8.5, because I don't think I can do that in one week in a healthy way. Christmas Day is today, and we're having a big family celebration today and one tomorrow, but that's it. And a big celebration doesn't have to mean big crazy eating, right?

    While I do love Santa, I don't want to resemble him so closely in body type!

    Thanks everyone, and have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to see you're still hell-bent on your challenge. =) Holidays are difficult when it comes to resisting the temptation to go off-course. Me, I didn't need a reason, I just did it. Lol.

    But I'm slowly climbing back on the horse and setting new goals for myself. Coincidentally, yours mirror mine almost exactly, with the exception of the lose 15lbs by the end of the year - THAT will not happen.

    In any case, good luck with your progress and Merry Christmas. =)

    ReplyDelete