Monday, August 30, 2010

First Step

In addition to the normal junk that comes with being overweight, I have a family history of diabetes, high cholesterol, and heart disease.

My cousin, who is still in her 30s, recently had heart surgery.  And she's thin!  So my mom called me, worried and insisting that I go to the doctor for a checkup.  I was hesitant at first, because let's face it, who wants to have someone in a white coat lecturing you about rules and lifestyle changes and all that.  Still, I went ahead and made the appointment, figuring the lecture would be better than keeling over and leaving my kids without a mom.

The appointment was set.  The lecture is tomorrow.  I'm actually kind of curious what my stats will be.  It will be a good starting point to watch my progress.  Oh, yes, there will be progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment