Monday, August 30, 2010

Fat Hair Day

Hello, my name is Charlotte and I'm fat.

That's right, you saw the F-word there.  I'm not thrilled about having it describe me, but it happens to be true right now.  Now, I'm all for empowerment and body acceptance and all that, but to be honest I'm not healthy.  I recently turned 40, and I feel older than that.  I'm tired and cranky and out of shape.  So for me, right now, being fat is not working for me.

I never have anything to wear because I don't want to buy clothes in yet another size up.  I have a daughter who picks up on this, and I don't want to pass my issues down to her.  Thus the name of this blog, "Fat Hair Day."  When she was about 3 years old, she watched me struggling to zip my pants as I glared at myself in the full-length mirror.

"What's wrong, Mommy?" she asked.

"Just having a hard time this morning," I replied.

"Oh, I see," she said.  "You're having a fat hair day."

No comments:

Post a Comment